Overland Parent Teacher Community Organization
OPTCO Meetings 2013-2014
Overland ASC South
What does OPTCO do?
The OPTCO is involved in many aspects of the school and we have a place for everyone. In addition to monthly Overland PTCO meetings, the parents are invited to support our school by volunteering at the many events that enrich our students' experiences at Overland.
The following represents the current Overland Activities supported by the OPTCO:
- Back to School Night
- Dance Chaperones
- Dance Chaperones
- After Prom
- Teacher Breakfast (beginning of year)
- Teacher Luncheon (end of year)
- Monthly Department Lunches
- Teacher of the Year award
- Founding Principal/Buckner awards
- Eye on Overland Craft Fair
- BEGINNING: Brainchild of the National Task Force Against Drug and Alcohol Abuse.
- PURPOSE: To provide a fun-filled free and safe alternative to the traditional Prom Night activities, such as hotel parties and trips to Red Rocks. This event is funded and organized solely by parents and community donations. It also provides students who do not attend Prom a chance to share a fun evening with their classmates, at no cost to them.
- RULES: No drugs or alcohol, and once you leave the building, you cannot re-enter.
- PLANNING: This event is organized and sponsored by parents as our gift to our kids. It is our way of saying - way to go!
- WHO'S INVITED: All Junior and Senior students and a guest, whether or not they attend Prom.
- WHO WORKS FOR IT: Parents, Overland teachers and staff, community members, contracted labor, and entertainers.
- WHO PAYS FOR IT: FREE to students, pending parent and community donations.
- COST: Approximately $10,000
- ACTIVITIES: Carnival, casino, Senior prizes, D.J. with dancing, food, caricature artists, karaoke, etc.
- WE NEED YOUR HELP AND/OR DONATIONS
- Planning and work on this May event begins in the fall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact the OPTCO at email@example.com